A beautiful, long-lasting manicure that does not peel and resists shock, we all dream of it! But this dream has come true with the gel manicure! But is it a good idea? Won’t the gel polish damage your nails or prevent them from breathing? What are the advantages and disadvantages of a gel manicure?
Gel manicure benefits
- The hold, allow between 3 and 4 weeks against 3-4 days for a standard varnish;
- Reduced drying time, which also reduces stains, scales and scratches on the nail;
- Possibility of infinite creation, with small flowers, sun, color variations, etc. ;
- Beautiful and shiny as on the first day;
- This is the finish closest to natural nails.
Disadvantages of gel manicure
- For the gel polish to adhere better, you must polish the nail, which can weaken it;
- To remove the gel manicure, use acetone, which dries out the fingers (but more natural methods can be used);
- If the manicure is poorly done, it can lead to infections (quite rare cases);
- The nail may break;
- If you want to stop the gel manicure, the nail recovery time is quite long (6 weeks).
Maintaining a gel manicure
To maintain a gel manicure, you have to do the exact same thing as a traditional manicure. That is to say, you wash your hands regularly, moisturize your nails and cuticles well, do not scratch your manicure at the risk of damaging your nails and if you have the slightest doubt, make an appointment with your manicurist.
The gel manicure is a good idea if you want a perfect result, which lasts for several weeks and which remains beautiful and shiny throughout its installation.
HOWEVER, SPECIAL ATTENTION TO YOUR NAILS MUST BE TAKEN TO AVOID INFECTIONS, FUNGI AND BREAKAGE.
We can’t say it enough, but remember these three points:
- Never scratch your gel manicure;
- Moisturize your nails and cuticles, it is essential to get manicure and pedicure sets ;
- If in doubt, make an appointment with your manicurist.