When you suffer from longitudinal nail cracks, the first instinct is to consult a doctor. However, when the pathology is not yet at an advanced stage, you can quickly repair your split nail. In this article, Maryton nail supply will tell you what to do when you have vertically cracked nails. Read on!
For that it is necessary:
- Remove nail polish if you’ve worn any with a cotton ball dipped in mild nail polish remover.
- Next, wash your hands properly to remove any traces of nail polish remover. It is especially important to ensure that the cotton fibers do not seep into the cracks of the nails.
- Take a piece of tissue and cut it to the size of your nail. You can also take the top of a tea bag. Make sure the size of your rectangular shaped paper slightly exceeds the nail crack and place it on your nail.
- Apply a clear polish base coat. You will use it as bandage glue. Wait a few minutes for the varnish to dry then carefully stick the piece of paper.
- Apply another coat of varnish. This second layer will mainly hold the dressing on the split nail.
- File your split nail lengthwise and polish the dressing.
Hoping that this article has pleased you and will give you ideas! In addition, I recommend investing in some professional manicure sets to care for your nails.