Do your feet hurt? Your toe is red and painful? You definitely have an ingrown toenail. Here are the instructions for use to relieve yourself and prevent its appearance at the first symptoms. Just follow us!
What is an ingrown toenail?
Bad manicure of the feet or too narrow shoes can cause ingrown nail. The ingrown toenail is a piece of nail that infiltrates the flesh and common in the big toe. At first, it is manifested by a slight pain in the skin that borders the nail. Then the skin turns red and the corner of the nail swells, creating a small bulge.
How to cure an ingrown toenail at home?
If the pain in your toe is still bearable and it is not purulent yet, follow these tips to treat your ingrown toenail naturally and avoid infection.
- Take a foot bath 3 times a day for 10 to 20 minutes;
- Disinfect the inflammation with a topical antiseptic;
- Place a small piece of cotton between the skin and the ingrown nail to minimize the pressure of it;
- Leave the wound in the open air as often as possible;
- Wear open or wide shoes;
- No high heels;
- If you wear compression socks, stockings or tights, prefer them with open ends so as not to compress the ingrown toenail;
- Choose shoes that support the back of your foot well so that the front can be relieved.
How to avoid ingrown toenail?
There are many other factors that can cause this inflammation: excessive sweating, too thick nail, malformation of the nail or toe, trauma or shock. But as explained a little above, the main cause of the appearance of an ingrown toenail is due to a bad cut of the nail.
Here are the good reflexes to adopt to avoid the ingrown toenail:
- Don’t cut your nails flush, always leave the nail protruded by at least 2 to 3 mm;
- Cut your nails straight regularly;
- Disinfect your equipment with each use;
- Fight against excessive sweating of the feet;
- Avoid shoes that are too tight.
OK! Now that you have known how to deal with the ingrown nails, bring your pedicure supplies and act now! It doesn’t matter if you don’t have foot care products. We have everything all you need in Maryton nail supply.