French manicure sublimates the nails discreetly and is displayed day and night. How to do it at home? What length and what shape to choose? We will explain everything to you.
The principle of the French manicure
It is a technique from the United States which consists of applying a line of white opaque varnish to the edge of the nail. The nail is then covered in its entirety with another neutral colored varnish. The idea is to obtain a natural and sophisticated rendering at the same time.
For what shapes and for what lengths of nails?
The French manicure will be prettier on mid-length nails that do not exceed the edges of your fingers by more than 2 mm. When it comes to the shape of the nails, there are several choices available to you. You can opt for the almond shape, feminine and elegant, or for the square-rounded shape, a little more sophisticated.
How to do it at home?
Although it is usually done by a professional, it is still possible to do it at home. You just need to know a few tips and have the professional manicure supplies to achieve an impeccable result.
Before embarking on the French manicure adventure, you will need to plan:
- a nail file
- a transparent base as a hardening varnish or a protective varnish
- a white varnish or a special french manicure pen
- a varnish in a natural beige or pale pink color
- a top coat
- solvent and a cotton swab to repair small accidents
- Step 1: For an impeccable result, it is first of all mandatory to have clean and filed nails with the shape you want. Always remember to file from the edge to the center.
- Step 2: Apply a protective or fortifying base on your nails, especially if you have fragile nails. It also improves the hold of the varnish.
- Step 3: The application of white varnish at the end of your nails. You can use your nail polish brush or a specific white pen. The white line must be at the same level as the natural white of the nail and the white line shouldn’t be more than 2 mm.
- Step 4: Once the white nail polish is dry, you can move on to applying your nude nail polish. This will be applied to the entire surface of the nail, including the white line.
- Step 5: To prolong the duration of your varnish and make your nails shinier, you can finish your French manicure by applying a fixing varnish.
All right! Try it out right now! Moreover, to discover more products to realize your Halloween nail art just click our Matyton nail supply.
Read also: Nail art: ideas and tips for Halloween